The business is looking for a talented backend web developer to join their ranks. As a mobile development house they regularly develop mobile applications with a serverside component. You will be responsible for the setup and maintenance of our serverside technology stack as well as implementing custom APIs.
We require that you are confident with building RESTful APIs in one of the more popular languages of the Web PHP, Python, Java, Ruby, Node.JS (sorry, they don’t do .NET), and are familiar with common software design patterns and architectures such as MVC.
You will work on a wide range of products, from simple prototypes to large systems with a global reach. Therefore you should be confident in designing and implementing scalable solution which can cope with a high volume of traffic.
Here’s a bit on how we work:
● Our backend language of choice is (but not limited to) PHP with Laravel. We also use Node.JS on occasion.
● For storing things we like the good old MySQL, however we also make use of NoSQL databases where appropriate.
● We host everything on nginx, which is usually running on Linux (Ubuntu) machines.
● We utilize cloud services Linode, Amazon Web Services.
● When required, we cache data in Memcached or Redis.
● We like to use Git for version control.
● We get to use 3rd party APIs fairly often.
If you feel confident with all of the above, go ahead and send us your CV.
Nice to have(s):
● Linux server administration.
● Experience with frontend frameworks like Angular, Bootstrap.
● Working knowledge of Test Driven Development.
● Experience with Amazon Web Services.